July 30, 2014- Joint seminar in Detroit with JBSD and JAPIA
JBSD/JAPIA SEMINAR SERIES: E-DISCOVERY
In conjunction with the Japan Business Society of Detroit and the Japan Association of Auto Parts Industries, Ji2 and Porter and Wright have organized a seminar that focuses on eDiscovery challenges related to antitrust cases.
By now, it is quite common that whenever a company is investigated or has pending litigation, e-Discovery (the process whereby electronic stored information is collected for review purposes), places significant burden on that company’s financial and business operations. This seminar will focus on the e-Discovery issues related to antitrust investigations of Japanese companies -- something that seems to be occurring with greater frequency.
When : July 30, 2014 2:00 - 3:30pm -Registration begins at 1:30 p.m.
Where : Holiday Inn Livonia, 17123 N Laurel Park Dr. Livonia, MI 48152 United States
Molly Crabtree、Partner, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
Hikaru Tokuda Of Counsel , Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
Tetsuo Fujisawa, President, Ji2, Inc.
1. Document Retention Polices: Molly Crabtree (English with translation)
2. Recent Trends in Antitrust investigations against Japanese companies: Hikaru Tokuda
3. US Antitrust Procedures (from Subpoena through Class Action): Molly Crabtree (English with translation)
4. Logistics of litigation holds in Japan: Ted Fujisawa
Visit www.jbsd.org to register on-line. You may also use the attached registration form and email (email@example.com) or fax (248-355-5799) it to JBSD by Monday, July 28th. For online registrations, please be sure to fill in the name of each participant in English in the column of notes.
June 12, 2014- Joint seminar in Japan with RYUKA IP
IP seminar ; FRAND and New topics for U.S. Patents
- The World of SEPs and FRAND
- America’s New Procedures for Testing the Validity of U.S. Patents: Dangers -- and Opportunities – Facing Patent Owners and Challengers
When : June 12, 2014 13:30 - 17:00
Where : RYUKA IP Law Firm
1-6-1 Nishi-shinjuku Shinjuku, L Tower 22nd Floor, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 163-1522, JAPAN
Charles E. Miller, Ph.D. - Senior Counsel
Scott D. Stimpson - Member
To attend this seminar, please register from here.